Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Tuesday's Tasting - Seasoned Mahi Mahi Fillets

Tuesday's Tasting is back in a big way this week. I know I've been busy and slacking on Tuesday's Tastings for the last two weeks, but this week, we're talking frozen fish. Frozen, seasoned Mahi Mahi fillets to be precise. I'm usually a fresh guy, fresh seafood, fresh beef, fresh veggies. Trader Joe's has a large stock of frozen fish, seasoned and unseasoned, so when I saw these in the freezer case I thought I'd give them a try.

The Mahi Mahi is seasoned garlic, lemon juice, parsley, salt, black pepper, red chili flakes and olive oil. The packaging suggests baking, grilling or pan sauteed on the stove top. I chose the latter method and sauteed them on the stove top. I served them up for J and I with baked sweet potatoes and steamed asparagus. I liked the way it came out and I'd buy these Mahi Mahi fillets again. The seasoning was right on and the fish cooked up well. Not fishy, not rubbery, not bad. Really good actually. I'm glad I decided to take on the frozen fish category, and I'll be sure to try out some of the other offerings.

One food guy is back. As spring time approaches here in Boston I'll be busy playing outdoors. I'll be looking for healthy options from the freezer case, so stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. Wow - I need a TJ's around here because I never eat white fish out of fear that I won't be able to season it well... and it will just come out a dry brick - but this puppy looks darn good! No Fair! Oh well, salmon still kicks! ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gigi, 531 miles is not too far to drive (Bend, Oregon) for a trip to Trader Joe's!

    ReplyDelete