Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Tuesday's Tasting - Trader Giotti's 3 Cheese Pizza

Did you know that Trader Joe has friends? There is Thai Joe, purveyor of the delicious Coconut Curry Chicken Stix that I reviewed on November 21, 2006, as well as other treats from Southeast Asia. There is Trader Ming, Joe's friend who makes his delicious goods from the Far East available in Joe's store. The Spicy Kung Pao Chicken rice bowl is one example of Ming's goods. There is also Trader Jose, he ships his goods to Joe straight up from Mexico. Finally, there is Trader Giotti, purveyor of all great things Italian found in Trader Joe's stores. Trader Giotti made this Tuesday's Tasting possible by giving Joe his Organic 3 Cheese Pizza.

This is one of the best frozen pizzas ever to pass my lips. While my toaster oven is a little finicky when it comes to time and temperature printed on a box of frozen food, my oven is usually right on. I cook this pizza directly on the middle rack of my oven, at 425° for 8 minutes. The crust is slightly crispy with good bite. The sauce and cheese, three delicious Italian varieties, are in perfect proportion and very tasty. I top the pizza with some crushed red pepper and oregano, and usually eat the whole thing!

Trader Giotti also makes an Organic 4 cheese pizza, a Margherita pizza, and a Pizza Formaggio with goat cheese. They are all delicious, around four bucks a piece, and always in my freezer. In fact I have two more waiting to be eaten.

Thanks for reading, see you next Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment