Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Tuesday's Tasting - Joe's Diner Mac 'n Cheese

I love Mac n' Cheese. Back in November, one of my readers, Yoony of immaeatchu posted a comment to one of my Tuesday's Tastings, suggesting that I try Trader Joe's frozen mac 'n cheese.

This Tuesday's Tasting is frozen mac 'n cheese from Joe's Diner, one of Trader Joe's brands. This is a classic mac 'n cheese blend; elbow macaroni and four delicious cheeses: cheddar, swiss, havarti, and gouda. The box recommends 5-6 minutes in the microwave (or a conventional oven for 20-25 minutes,) I cooked mine for 5 minutes and let it rest for another minute, just as suggested.

Mmm mmm good. This mac 'n cheese was so good, I'll get it again, even if it's not the healthiest item in the freezer case. If you're a mac 'n cheese fan, you should try this too.

1 comment:

  1. scott, thanks so much for all your recent comments. if you like mac 'n cheese (and who doesn't), you must try dave martin's black truffle mac 'n cheese from season 1 of top chef. the recipe calls for what would be several thousand dollars worth of truffles, but you can get by on just a $100, which i know is still a lot but so worth it.

    ReplyDelete