Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Creative Cuisine at Emma's Pizza

I first heard of Emma's Pizza a few years ago but had no idea what I was missing until last week. I made plans with a colleague to have lunch here last Thursday and am so glad I did. For a lover of all things pizza, the menu can be a bit overwhelming with two dozen recommended pizzas and over 30 available toppings including three different sauces and an assortment of cheeses. Emma's also has salad and appetizer options, which we did not try, as well as beer, wine, and soft drinks including IBC Root Beer and Cream Soda. Big points for having IBC, I ordered a cream soda.

If you have read my past posts about my own pizza making experience, you know that I like interesting and creative pizza toppings. I previously found pizza inspiration from places like Fig's, but now Emma's has provided me with a new, fresh perspective on the art of pizza making.

After looking over Emma's recommended pizzas, we settled on the #3 and the #7. The #3 has baby spinach, roasted sweet potato, caramelized onions and garlic with Emma's slightly spicy rosemary sauce and mozzarella and goat cheeses layered on perfectly thin crust. The #7 has pepperoni and diced hot cherry peppers with Emma's traditional sauce and mozzarella on the thin crust. With so many choices, these stood out as good options

When the pizzas finally arrived, I almost started to drool. Perfectly baked, perfectly topped, these pizzas looked absolutely fantastic. As good as they looked, they tasted even better. The roasted sweet potato and sweet caramelized onions provided great contrasting flavors to the slightly spicy sauce and the tangy goat cheese of the #3. I LOVED this pizza and have already begun working on my own reproduction of this pizza at home. The pepperoni and hot cherry pepper pizza was also excellent. The perfect amount of topping and the perfect balance of flavor made this pizza a winner. If you love pepperoni pizza, you'll love this version with the added hot cherry peppers, so good. If you live anywhere close to Cambridge I highly recommend that you frequent Emma's Pizza for amazing, fresh, and creative pizza. And if you don't live close, move here for the pizza. Seriously, it's that good.

#3 Baby Spinach/Roasted Sweet Potato/Caramelized Onions/Garlic/Rosemary Sauce/Mozzarella/Goat Cheese

#3 at Emma's Pizza

#7 Pepperoni/Hot Cherry Peppers/Traditional Sauce/Mozzarella

#7 at Emma's Pizza

Emma's Pizza
40 Hampshire Street
Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA 02139
Ph. 617-864-8534

And here is my version of the #3 fresh out of my own home pizza oven (a stone in a 500 degree oven with a stone) with baby spinach, roasted sweet potato, caramelized red onions, fresh garlic, a simple oregano sauce, and chevre and manchego cheeses.

Awesome Pizza

Emma's Pizza on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment