Thursday, May 22, 2008

Five Facts for Anna

A few months ago I got tagged for a meme by Anna at Sunday Night Dinner. I think these things are kind of silly but I'll oblige and share these five facts with you. Here is how this works:

1. Link to your tagger and post these rules.
2. Share 5 facts about yourself.
3. Tag 5 people at the end of your post and list their names, linking to them.
4. Let them know they've been tagged by leaving a comment at their blogs.


Here are five facts about me...

1. I ride in the Pan Mass Challenge, a 192-mile bicycle ride across Massachusetts that raises money for cancer research and treatments. Will you please support this cause and make a donation to my fundraising account?

2. I have never... jumped out of an airplane, driven cross-country, or baked a blueberry pie. I have baked lots of apple pies though, and my mom's recipe is the best! Maybe some day I'll share it.

3. When I was younger I worked in the kitchen of an overnight summer camp preparing three meals a day for 500 campers. My favorite kitchen tool back then: the Lettuce King.

4. I once had the nickname "disposal" because I would eat anything and everything, usually cleaning my friends plates. Contrary to the true meaning of the word, I didn't want anything to go to waste so I would "dispose" of it in my stomach. I will still eat anything but I've disposed of the nickname.

5. I grew up in a kosher home but don't think I'd ever be able to do it again...two reasons, bacon and shellfish!

Now the hard part, picking five blogging friends to partake in this silly blogging version of a chain letter. How about Tina at Carrots and Cake, Jeni at Oishii Eats, Susan at Immaeatchu, The Jinius at I'm a Jinius, and last but certainly not least, Loren at Food for Thought

2 comments:

  1. Memes are totally silly, I have to agree. I am blown away by the lettuce king. I have seen similar machines for cutting french fries, but didn't know you could use them for so many other things! It looks like great fun. You must have gone though a boatload of lettuce! Three meals a day for 500 people... that's a lot of cooking. What kinds of things did you make?

    Totally hear you on the bacon. I didn't eat pork for over a decade (Hebrew school guilt), but started up again just last year. I can't believe what I missed out on. Ridiculously good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anna, the lettuce king totally rocked! We could cut up a dozen heads of lettuce (iceberg) in under a minute. I'll start writing a post about the kitchen...it was an awesome summer. Don't mean to leave you hanging but this has "great post" written all over it.

    As for pork...eating a pork chop or pork tenderloin still makes me feel a little dirty, must be the name! But yes, so good! I have no trouble with bacon, sausage or ribs, also so good!

    ReplyDelete