Friday, February 22, 2008

Some Observations from Scotland

Hello from Scotland, Edinburgh to be precise. I have no pictures to share right now but here are some observations I've made since I arrived this morning.

The food and service on British Airways is exceptional, for an airline.

The Old City of Edinburgh is beautiful, cobblestone streets and the castle of course. There is a Starbucks on the Royal Mile (High Street) and while the cappuccinos are reminiscent from home, the pastries they have on display look decidedly different.

There are many pubs, and surprisingly many pizza places. I mean a lot of pizza places, many with signs out front that invite you in for "Traditional American Pizza". Traditional American Pizza? Okay then.

The Guinness is good, so is McEwan's 70/- Ale, a local brew from here in Edinburgh. I hear it smells of yeast and dough right around the brewery.

Lastly, fish and chips is not as ubiquitous here in Scotland as it is in England. Maybe I'm not looking in the right places. The search will continue, and haggis is on the menu before I leave.

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Lucky you! I would love to go there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so beautiful in Edinburgh. I hope to get back there some day....now I'm in India!

    ReplyDelete