Monday, November 05, 2007

A Caffeinated Lesson

New England weather this time of year is very unpredictable. It could be warm, cold, sunny, cloudy, windy or any combination of them; except of course warm and cold, that just doesn't make any sense.

Anyway, this past Saturday was cool and rainy, a perfect weather recipe for a mid-afternoon Starbucks run. Since I was out and about in the Wellesley area with J, we stopped into a new Starbucks. The woman that rang us up was in a great mood and gave us a little Starbucks lesson after J ordered her favorite drink, a chai latte with a shot of espresso.

Here is the breakdown: A chai latte with a shot of espresso is known as a dirty chai. And a chai latte with two shots of espresso is a filthy chai.

How about a red eye? That's a cup of coffee with a shot of espresso. And a cup of coffee with two shots of espresso? A black eye. Three shots? A black and blue. How about fours shots? A glass eye.

Pretty cool right? I wonder how far these names go in the Starbucks world. I went into another Starbucks closer to my house in Framingham and ordered J's drink, asking for a dirty chai, they kind of knew what I was talking about but when I mentioned the filthy chai they laughed the laugh that said they didn't really know what I was talking about.

So Starbucks employees around the world, do you know what I'm talking about?

No comments:

Post a Comment